Company: North Delta Seafoods Ltd.
Business Address: 7857 Huston Road, Delta, BC, Canada, V4G 0A5
Work location: Mexican Border to Alaska, 12 miles off shore- Fishing Vessel PACHENA NO.1
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal (6-month contract)
Estimated Start Date: May 15th, 2019 (Workers needed from May to November 2019)
- Prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle, and operate fishing gear to catch fish and other marine life
- Clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- Clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- Handle mooring lines during docking
- May steer vessels to and from fishing areas
- May prepare and cook meals for crew members
- Education: No education is required
- Experience: Experience is an asset
This position is to work full time on a fishing vessel and we need committed crew to stay on the fishing vessel for the entire season. Please note we cannot interrupt our operations to drop crew on land. Trips at sea can be as long as 4 months.
Salary: Please note that salary includes 5% of the gross revenues with minimum weekly earnings of $ 900 (based on 30hrs X $30.00)
Benefits: We provide disability, dental and extended medical insurance. Fishing gear, rain gear, work clothes, coveralls, free bedding (staterooms on fish boat) and food also provided.
**Med a1 is needed (marine emergency duties for off shore fishing), First aid, Watch keeping certificate are assets**
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 7857 Huston Road, Delta, BC, Canada, V4G 0A5
Apply by fax: (604) 588-9680